[bottom]

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I've Seen the Wonder of e-Commerce

I've had this big thick (800 pages !) "Data Warehouse" book for like 4 years.
Only read a little of it because I never got into Data Warehousing as I was hoping for. So it has long been nothing but dead weight so today I finally decided to get rid of it.

This morning I checked on Amazon and this was the status on the used ones of this book for sale in "Amazon Marketplace"
"54 used & new from $43.78"
Wow ! that's plenty supply for a used technical book.
I listed mine for $42. and thought to myself : "Yeah maybe I'll get a bite in about...8 months...". This was 11:09 AM.

Exactly 1 hour later at 12:08 I got an e-mail from Amazon with the subject
"Sold, ship now. The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit.."
I was like "huh !? what the...?"
2 hours later I shipped the book out. It took me longer to find a box for the book.

Post a Comment

<< Home


Recent posts


[top]